About Migrant Support
MSM is a registered charity in England and Wales 1167430 and Limited Company by Guarantee 07698756
In 2009 a group of volunteers carried out a peer research part of the Oxfam’s Migrant Workers Project aimed to find out more about experiences of migrant workers living in Manchester; the report and recommendations became the foundation / areas to work for the new constituted group which that year adopted its first constitution and elected its first committee at the general meeting at the Britannia Hotel in Manchester. In 2011 MSM became a Registered Company by Guarantee and in 2016 became a registered charity in England and Wales.
Purpose and Objectives
To promote social inclusion for the public benefit among migrants, including refugees and asylum-seekers, by: - identifying needs and where necessary providing support for migrants to advance their education, promote their health and well-being and relieve financial hardship; and - by educating the public to ensure greater acceptance and understanding of migrants and their contribution to British society.
The object of the Charity is to advance the welfare and rights of migrants.
- Promote the contribution of migrant to the wellbeing of economic and social life in the UK and the world.
- To provide suitable activities that will help establish social networks for migrants.
- To provide information, guidance and advice to migrants to ensure their rights are upheld.
- • Provide social networking and create a more welcome and tolerant atmosphere for migrants and their families.
- Support and advice to people in need on daily life, immigration and work issues.
- Lobbing and influencing policy makers and service providers in migrant issues taking into account all aspects like housing, health, disability, education, racism and segregation.
- Encourage social cohesion through volunteering and peer support.
- Dave Tynan
- Don Flynn
- Gareth Nash
- Ike Derrick Okonkwo
- Kyriaki Lymperopoulou
- Marta Ahmed
- Rosa Mas Giralt
- Saleh Daiyoub
Advisory and support team
- Anysie Kankindi
- Jo Deakin
- Mohamed Bakir
- Mirek Ogorzalek
- Negat Tafesse